Rib-Eye Steak with Grilled Corn Salad
Everybody seems to be going on the Keto diet at the moment and it seems to have a lot of success. This is just about as Keto as you can get. Next to no carbs, plenty of protein and a tasty healthier meal could not be found for a red-blooded meat eater.
The Rib-eye is a great choice if you love a juicy steak. The “Eye” is a self moistening pocket of fat that renders down as you cook it. Keeping the meat moist and tasty.
For those of you not on a low-carb diet just add a jacket potato, fries, home-cut chips or saute potatoes. Garlic and herb butter is a great addition to any steak and can be made up in no time with a few of your favourite herbs and garlic.
What ever you decide to go with your steak we hope you have a great meal. Now where did I put the BBQ cleaner …… time to get it ready for my steak.
- 2 (10- to 12-oz.) boneless rib-eye steaks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced serrano chile
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill with large cast-iron pan placed on one side. Meanwhile, pat steak dry and generously season with salt and pepper.
- When skillet is hot and almost smoking, place butter in the skillet and add steaks; cook steak 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer steak to a plate and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Make grilled corn salad: Place corn on the grill and turn until charred on all sides. Transfer corn to a plate.
- Place corn on a cutting board horizontally and cut off kernels; discard cobs. In a large bowl add corn, onion, tomato, chile, lime juice and zest, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Serve grilled corn salad over steak.