Pan-Seared Filet Mignon with Garlic & Herb Butter
Tenderloin steak, perfection on a plate. This garlic and herb recipe is quick and easy to cook, a delicious blend of flavours and guaranteed to create melt in your mouth steak.
With BritiShop you can cook this yourself for under 200B which is far cheaper than the equivalent quality at any restaurant. So go on, order some juicy steaks and enjoy.
garlic & herb butter
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
For the herb butter
- Soften the butter in a microwave safe bowl until malleable, 10-15 seconds.
- Stir in herbs and garlic until fully mixed.
- Spoon the butter onto tin foil doing your best to reshape it to resemble a stick of butter.
- Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes and remove 5 minutes before adding to the filet.
For the filets
- Preheat the oven to 415° F. Remove steak from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking, this is to bring the steak to room temperature and ensure your cooking times are more accurate. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the plain butter to an oven safe cast iron skillet and turn up high, allow the skillet to become scorching hot first. Place the filets face down and sear undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the filets and sear for an additional 2 minutes. This will give your filets a nice seared edge.
- Transfer your skillet directly to the oven. [WARNING] skillet may be hot, handle with oven mitts. For rare, bake for 4-5 minutes. Medium rare, 5-6 minutes. Medium, 6-7 minutes. Remember, depending on the size of the steak, the more or less time it will take.
- This recipe is ideal for a 8-10 ounce portion, roughly 2-3 inches thick. Remove filets from the skillet and set on a plate, lightly cover with tin foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. This is important to bring your steak to its final serving temperature.
- Top with a slice of garlic and herb butter and serve.