Pork & apple sausage rolls
These pork and apple sausage rolls come out beautifully and can be prepared and cooked in under an hour. For best results enjoy one hot and fresh from the oven, but they also taste equally good cold.
- 1 leek
- 1 Royal Gala apple
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 500 g minced pork
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 large free-range egg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Wash, trim and dice the leek, core and dice the apple, then pick the thyme leaves.
- Combine the pork, leek, apple, thyme leaves and mustard seeds in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry to 1cm thick and 34cm x 30cm. Halve lengthways and place a strip of mince down the centre of each.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg, roll up and seal. Brush with more egg, then cut each strip into 3 rolls.
- Score the tops and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Pork & Apple Sausage Rolls