Nothing beats a good spoonful of brandy butter on top of your Mince pies or Christmas Pudding.
Luckily this is very quick and easy to make.
Thai regency brandy works well and is very affordable, or splash out and treat yourself to an imported bottle, after all it is Christmas.
- 4 ounces/100 g unsalted butter (unsalted)
- 8 ounces/225 g confectioner’s sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons brandy or Cognac
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the butter in a large baking bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat again until it’s all incorporated.
- Add the brandy or Cognac to taste and stir well. If you add too much brandy. the mixture may curdle. If it does, don’t worry, just add more confectioner’s sugar until the mixture binds back together.
- Spoon the butter into a serving dish, cover and store in the fridge until required.
- Serve and enjoy!
The butter can be made up to five days in advance and kept in the fridge.