Smoked salmon avocado tarts
This is a tasty appetiser that will be sure to impress at any special occasions.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a 7.5cm round cutter, cut 20 circles from pastry.
- Using a 5.5cm round cutter, cut a circle from the centre of 10 of the circles. Discard small cut-outs.
- Place whole circles on prepared tray. Top with pastry rings. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 15 minutes (see notes)
- Process avocado, juice and coriander in a food processor until smooth. Season. Stir in 2 teaspoons chives and 2 teaspoons dill.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto pastry cases.
- Top with salmon and remaining chives and dill. Serve immediately.
Smoked salmon, avocado and herb tarts