5 Crazy Recipes You Can Cook At Home
Want something fast, simple, and delicious? It is possible with these simple, but crazy recipes that you can cook at home.
1. Chocolate Covered Bacon
- Heat a large skillet on high and then add bacon strips
- Using tongs, turn the bacon strips as needed
- Cook until they’re reduced to about ¼ of their original size and look crispy
- Lay the bacon strips on paper towels to drain excess grease
- As you wait for the bacon to cool, fill a medium saucepan with water and put it on medium heat
- Put a small saucepan in the medium saucepan
- Add chocolate pieces, slowly, into the small pan. Stir as the pieces melt.
- Carefully dip your bacon strips into the melted chocolate. Turn the strips over with a spoon to ensure they’re evenly coated with chocolate.
- Lay your chocolate-coated pieces on a cooling rack or waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Keep them in the fridge for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
2. Tomato Soup Cake
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of allspice, ground
- ½ teaspoon of cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 10¾-ounce can of condensed tomato soup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of shortening or butter
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of raisins
- Cream cheese frosting
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans. Shake out any excess flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shortening, soups, eggs, and water before beating everything together to form a smooth batter.
- Fold in raisins and transfer the batter into the cake pans. Each pan should have the same amount of batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before frosting.
3. Fried Egg, Sriracha, & Peanut Butter Toasts
If you’re craving something with weird ingredients, you can try this crazy recipe. The toast may look strange but is awesomely delicious.
- Green onion
- Peanut butter (crunchy)
- Coarse salt
- Put the pan on medium heat and add butter.
- Fry the egg once the pan gets hot.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread peanut butter on the toasted bread, sprinkle with cilantro and chopped green onion.
- Drizzle with sriracha before squeezing a ¼-lime juice onto it.
- Place your fried egg on top. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Enjoy!
4. Surprise Coated Crisp Fish Filet
This recipe serves four.
- Mix the garlic, potato, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the fish fillet in the egg, and then in the potato.
- Fry it on a lightly greased pan for about 10 minutes or until it turns golden on both sides.
5. Chicken Marmite
Chicken Marmite is a typical meal at Chinese restaurants.
- 800g chicken, chopped into bite sizes
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 small egg
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, potato flour, or cake flour
- 1 tablespoon of Marmite
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 4 tablespoons of Maltose
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100ml of hot water
- Garnish: red chili shredded, sesame seeds, parsley
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce, egg, salt, and pepper for at least one hour.
- In a small bowl, mix Marmite, maltose, honey, shrimp paste, and hot water. Set the mixture aside.
- Add flour to the chicken and coat evenly. Deep fry chicken over medium heat until golden brown.
- Using the same wok, add in chopped garlic and the mixture you set aside. Stir well and cook until it forms big bubbles.
- Add in the fried chicken and stir well to ensure the chicken is coated evenly.
- Garnish with chili, parsley, and roasted sesame seed. Serve hot.
With these crazy recipes, you can cook some delicious food at home in less than an hour.