Juicy Baby Back Ribs
Baby back ribs are a popular favourite and this tasty recipe is sure to go down well.
Combining the flavourful dry rub with juicy, sticky glaze makes for a finger licking good combination.
- 2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
- 8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs.
- Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions.
- Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.
Juicy Baby Backs