Vindaloo is an Indian curry dish popular in the region of Goa, the surrounding Konkan, and many other parts of India. Originally made with pork marinaded in vinegar and garlic but now a popular British Indian Restaurant dish made in this case with Chicken.
A spicy slightly sour finish but truly a classic dish.
Serve with rice, naan bread or Roti and a cooling side dish of:
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 2 cups whole-milk yogurt.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.